Small Team, Big Impact
BlackLocus is a former startup team acquired by Home Depot, the top home improvement retailer in the world. To stay ahead of the curve, Home Depot is making a substantial investment in data science, innovation, technology and design.
Here at BlackLocus, that means we get to collaborate with smart and diverse minds to explore exciting opportunities in the rapidly transforming retail space. We approach problem solving holistically, integrating our research and knowledge of customer motivations and buying habits with scalable technology.
What Matters to Us
Diversity in thought, background, and approaches to problem solving
Respect for each person as an individual
Inclusivity and collaboration
Integrity and quality of our work
“We have a unique team structure and working environment that has allowed me to collaborate on a number of different, interesting projects. Employees are extremely approachable, helpful and willing to share knowledge with anyone curious.”
“I love being surrounded by such intelligent people, who are willing to lend their time and expertise to help me understand new technologies, their own innovations, and new ways of thinking."
"We work on data science problems that are unique and require out of the box thinking. Being part of the data science team is both fun and rewarding and you will have lots of opportunities to learn and grow in the team."
Life At BlackLocus
“My tech leads and teammates are all great engineers who value an open culture. I am constantly learning from and with them.” Nicole, Software Engineer
“I love the combination of our team’s startup culture with big company perks.” Jordan, HR Manager
- Highly competitive base and bi-annual bonus
- Remote work environment with hybrid work as an option
- Excellent work-life balance
- Health, dental, vision, life, short- and long-term disability insurance starting day one, FSA/HSA
- Open and flexible vacation policy
- 6 weeks fully paid time off for new parents and 12 weeks maternity leave for birth mothers; an onsite mother’s room
- 401(k) eligible for matching company contribution after one year
- Employee stock purchase program
- Downtown Austin office filled with natural light
- Garage parking or commuter pass reimbursement
- Fully stocked kitchen with a wide variety of healthy snacks, tons of drinks, and an espresso maker
- Weekly catered lunches, happy hours and other fun outings
Learn more about our open positions and apply at the links below!